“Network Monitoring For Serious Professionals”
PRTG monitors your network 24/7 to timely alert you to issues before they become emergencies.
PRTG Network Monitor monitors your network and requires no third party software. Conducting a quick ad-hoc download, you do not need to fill web forms and will not have any registration hassles. The installation process requires only a few minutes, as well as the first configuration which PRTG mainly does automatically. You can achieve the initial setup with an interactive guidance by the software, the Smart Setup.
What Can PRTG Monitor?
- Monitor and alert due to up-times/downtime’s or slow servers.
- Monitor system health of various hardware devices.
- Monitor and account bandwidth and network device usage.
- Monitor applications.
- Monitor virtual servers.
- Monitor Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Monitor system usage (for example, CPU loads, free memory, free disk space).
- Monitor performance of databases as well as monitor databases directly.
- Monitor email servers and use this feature to monitor various backup solutions.
- Monitor the environment.
- Classify network traffic by source/destination and content.
- Discover unusual, suspicious, or malicious activity with devices or users.
- Measure Quality of Service (QoS) and Voice over IP (VoIP) parameters and control service level agreements (SLA).
- Discover and assess network devices.
- Find unexpected relationships between your network components to detect potential security issues and to explore the real usage of your network and hardware.
- Monitor fail-safe using a fail-over cluster setup.
PRTG Network Monitor supports monitoring up to thousands of sensors per installation, depending on various parameters. It can optionally work with multiple remote probes to monitor multiple sites or network segments from one central core installation, and to distribute high loads. You can also configure fail-safe monitoring using a cluster installation to perform automatic failovers. Single failover installations are allowed with every PRTG license.
The software is based on Paessler’s reliable monitoring technology, which has been constantly improved since 1997 and is already used by more than 150,000 users around the world every day. An outstanding support ensures your inquiries are answered within one business day for best possible network monitoring. Attractive licensing packages from freeware (up to 100 sensors) to enterprise level (with thousands of sensors) make sure every user finds the proper solution.
- High performance
PRTG’s own fast and efficient database system stores the raw monitoring results, as well as logs, top lists, and tickets (outperforms SQL servers for monitoring data), accessible through the Application Programming Interface (API). You can distribute high loads over multiple probes.
- Low system requirements
An average PC (not older than 2 years) is sufficient and even a netbook can monitor over thousand sensors
- High security standards
SSL encryption for connections and web server, and multiple user accounts with shared and private sensors, as well as rights management, and many more.
- Built-in SSL secured web server with HTTP and HTTPS support for the user interface
- Fast web interface, works as Single Page Application (SPA) to avoid time-extensive reloading of the page
- Mail server for automatic email delivery
- Flexible alerting
- including ten notification technologies, for example, email, push, SMS, syslog and SNMP trap, HTTP request, event log, Amazon SNS, executing scripts
- including various triggers, for example, status alerts, limit alerts, threshold alerts, multiple condition alerts, escalation alerts.
- including dependencies to avoid alarm floods, acknowledging alarms to avoid further notifications for this alarm, and alert scheduling
- In-depth report generator to create reports on-the-fly as well as scheduled reports in HTML or Portable Document Format (PDF). Many report templates are available by default.
- Graphics engine for user-friendly live and historic data charts
- Network analysis module to automatically discover network devices and sensors.
- Distributed monitoring to monitor several networks in different locations.
- Special features for Managed Service Provider (MSP) to monitor customer networks and increase the quality of service.
- Data publishing with real time dashboards-private and public-including live performance and status information. You can design these maps as you like with many different objects, as well as you can integrate external custom objects.
- Different languages like English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
The PRTG Application Programming Interface (API) allows you to program your own features and to customize and re-brand PRTG’s web interface to your needs. In addition, you can create custom sensors, notifications, and device templates.