MODBUS TCP CUSTOM
Thanks to your feedback, we implemented several improvements for the Modbus TCP Custom BETA sensor that we introduced in the last PRTG version.
• We improved the usage of the sensor settings.
• We increased the range for register addresses.
• Register numbers can now start from 0.
• You can define a lower scanning interval than 60 seconds.
• The sensor log provides more information.
• We updated help texts and documentation.
Important: After updating from PRTG 20.4.63 to 20.4.64 or later, you will have to add the sensor anew. Running Modbus TCP Custom sensors will show a down status after you have installed the update due to changes in our underlying Modbus monitoring configuration.
You can now create device templates that include the sensor types MQTT Round Trip, MQTT Statistics, and MQTT Subscribe Custom. You can use the device templates to add MQTT sensors via auto-discovery.
The MySQL v2 sensor now supports authentication with caching_sha2_password on MySQL 8.0 and later. In previous versions, the sensor showed the error message Authentication method 'caching_sha2_password' not supported by any of the available plugin when you tried to monitor MySQL server version 8.0.
OPC UA SERVER STATUS
We further improved the OPC UA Server Status BETA sensor that we introduced in the last PRTG version. Thank you for your feedback!
• The sensor can now monitor session related metrics if diagnostics data is activated on the server, so that PRTG can notify you if there are too many ongoing sessions or the amount of timeout sessions increases.
• We added support for authentication with username and password, as well as you can use encryption and provide a certificate to authenticate the sensor against the OPC UA server.
• We improved the general performance of OPC UA sensors in this version by minimizing their network communication.
• We drastically reduced the amount of log entries that OPC UA sensors write into the probe.log file.
The SSL Certificate sensor has a new timeout setting for TCP read requests, which is useful if you monitor a slow server with the sensor.